Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Where I Stand

We all think that our political views are reasonable and somewhere near centre of mainstream politics, so I was interested to come across a quiz that calculates a person's position in the political spectrum. The site can be found here.

The site provides two web pages of questions with buttons to click indicating the degree to which you agree of disagree with each statement and how important the issue is to you.

According to the site:

This quiz will let you know where you fall on social liberties, economics, foreign policy-- even the culture war. In truth, this isn't a quiz so much as a set of statements that you must agree or disagree with. Based on your responses we will place you on a graph--also termed a political compass--that separates social liberties from economic opinion ... We will also show you what type of foreign policy you support, and how liberal or conservative you rank in the culture war

Note that this is an American site so that they use the word liberal in its traditional sense. In Australia this can be confusing as our major conservative party is called the Liberal Party.

I was not surprised to find that I was a left social libertarian.

My Political Views
I am a left moderate social libertarian
Left: 3.31, Libertarian: 2.78




My Foreign Policy Views
Score: -6.23




My Culture War Stance
Score: -5.72

No comments: