Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Lost Generation Palindrome

Here is a truely inspirational video.

Listen to the whole thing before forming a conclusion.



It is a palindrome, meaning that it can be read both forwards and backwards, but with the added sense that when read backwards the meaning is exactly opposite to when it is read forwards.

What a brilliant idea, and it must have taken considerable effort to write.


  I am part of a lost generation

  and I refuse to believe that

  I can change the world

  I realize this may be a shock but

  “Happiness comes from within.”

  is a lie, and

  “Money will make me happy.”

  So in 30 years I will tell my children

  they are not the most important thing in my life

  My employer will know that

  I have my priorities straight because

  work

  is more important than

  family

  I tell you this

  Once upon a time

  Families stayed together

  but this will not be true in my era

  This is a quick fix society

  Experts tell me

  30 years from now, I will be celebrating the 10th anniversary of my divorce

  I do not concede that

  I will live in a country of my own making

  In the future

  Environmental destruction will be the norm

  No longer can it be said that

  My peers and I care about this earth

  It will be evident that

  My generation is apathetic and lethargic

  It is foolish to presume that

  There is hope.

No comments: